Re: F2

From: Sean Sieger
Subject: Re: F2
Date: Tue, 01 Mar 2011 07:51:24 -0500

TheFlyingDutchman <zzbbaadd@aol.com> writes:

    If I do "ctrl-h k <f2>"   I get "f2-"  in the message area, as if
    Emacs is waiting for me to press another key. If I set a command to
    <f2> with global-set-key and then hit the <f2> key, nothing happens.
    If I again hit <f2> it tells me that "<f2> <f2> is undefined". It is
    like <f2> is set to be used in a key combination. How can I get rid of
    that and just assign a single keypress to <f2>?

I thought we are in agreement on the unexpected nature of F2 and
further, of ending up doing F2 F2 and turning on 2C mode.  (A single F2
ought to turn 2C mode on before any rebinding.)