Re: Windows7 and .emacs files

From: David Combs
Subject: Re: Windows7 and .emacs files
Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2011 18:54:28 +0000 (UTC)

In article <jwvsjuxhsrw.fsf-monnier+gnu.emacs.help@gnu.org>,
Stefan Monnier  <monnier@iro.umontreal.ca> wrote:
>> FYI: there's an Emacs hacked especially for windows: NTEMACS (well, ntemacs).
>> The "nt" part comes from the first MS os capable of handling something
>> like emacs, "NT".
>
>Not exactly: there was an "NTEmacs" port of Emacs to the Windows
>platform, but it has been merged into Emacs many moons ago.
>Nowadays NTEmacs is nothing else than "Emacs compiled for Windows".
>
>> Anyway, I use it (version 23.2 I think it is)
>
>So you're using Emacs-23.2 rather than NTEmacs.
>

>        Stefan

Thanks, Stefan.  But I'm still confused by what you say.

M-x version says this:
   GNU Emacs 23.0.0.1 (i386-mingw-nt5.1.2600) of 2007-08-18 on TPAD

And yes, I did indeed download something called NTemacs.

   http://ntemacs.sourceforge.net/  is one place that has one.

(Actually, I forget where I got "mine" from.)

Thanks!

David