Re: Cannot print with emacs

From: Harald Weis
Subject: Re: Cannot print with emacs
Date: Thu, 8 Sep 2011 11:16:28 +0200

On Tue, Sep 06, 2011 at 11:31:35PM +0200, Rasmus wrote:

> I have always relied on CUPS and I don't know the cli programs all too
> well.
>
> However, I experienced a similar problem, as I may or may not have
> stated earlier. This was a PS error as well, although in my case the
> printer just printed a page with an error message.
>
> The way I solved it was by switching driver in CUPS. Maybe there is
> something fishy about PS support in Lexmark printers? I honestly lack a
> truely exhausting answer.
>
> I hope you'll get it working.

I will wait and see the next time I reinstall all ports. I still suspect
that the problem could be related with the error message I get on
starting emacs (as I mentioned previously), but I don't know how to
deal with it except reinstalling the lot.

> PS: A temporary solution would be to set cups-pdf as default printer
> (e.g. lpoptions -d cups_pdf) and print the pdf manually.

How do you define that cups_pdf printer ?

Bye,
Harald