ibus-mode, passing keystrokes to ibus

From: Eric Abrahamsen
Subject: ibus-mode, passing keystrokes to ibus
Date: Fri, 16 Sep 2011 14:01:21 +0800

I've been using ibus-mode (version 0.2.1) for a while now, quite
happily. I now have the need to switch between different input methods
(ie using more than just ibus-toggle), and I can't for the life of me
figure out how to customize this minor mode. I'm on Ubuntu and ibus is
set up to interpret Alt-L as "switch between different input methods" --
how do I tell ibus-mode to pass that keystroke to the system?

Presumably it has something to do with either
`ibus-common-function-key-list' or `ibus-preedit-function-key-list', but
I have no idea how those variables are meant to work. Perhaps I'm
supposed to set a completely different keybinding and specify the
function to call? But what function would that be?

Thanks in advance for any light shed,

Eric

--
GNU Emacs 23.2.1 (i686-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.24.4)
 of 2011-04-04 on rothera, modified by Debian