Re: Version control "Register" operation

From: Kevin Rodgers
Subject: Re: Version control "Register" operation
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2011 22:46:53 -0600

On 10/10/11 3:49 PM, cwcarlson@cox.net wrote:
In a previous version of Emacs, I'm not sure how long ago, when I did a
"vc-register" operation, Emacs would automatically open a buffer for the
"Description." This would allow me to enter a description of the file being
registered for RCS, CVS or SVN.

Now I find that "vc-register" just registers the file with no description. I've
looked in the vc*.el files and cannot see where it even considers opening a
buffer for the description.

Is this a feature that has been removed?

vc-initial-comment is a variable defined in `vc.el'.
Its value is nil

Documentation:
If non-nil, prompt for initial comment when a file is registered.

You can customize this variable.

--
Kevin Rodgers
Denver, Colorado, USA