Re: dbus question

From: Eric W. Bates
Subject: Re: dbus question
Date: Mon, 07 Nov 2011 09:44:26 -0500

On 11/7/2011 9:21 AM, Michael Albinus wrote:
"Eric W. Bates"<eric@educompmv.com>  writes:

Hi Eric,

My ISP is using a stock Debian emacs build and has no interest in
compiling emacs with dbus disabled. At the same time, this is a
headless server and dbus is not running. So every time emacs starts,
it barfs with:

process 3824: D-bus library appears to be incorrectly set up; failed
to read machine uuid: Failed to open "/var/lib/dbus/machine-id": ...

My question:
can d-bus affiliation be disabled via a .emacs setting; or can it only
be disable by building emacs WITHOUT_DBUS?

Emacs uses native libdbus, linked statically. I'm not aware of an option
to suppress connection to the system bus during initialization.

Does Emacs works correctly after that message? In this case, it might be
sufficient to ignore it simply.

Yah. It all works fine.

I'm simply too dense to not type "emacs &". I then wait 10 minutes for the window to appear before I remember that there is text output... [sigh]

Thank you for your time.

Best regards, Michael.