Emacs crashes suddenly

From: Pablo S.M.
Subject: Emacs crashes suddenly
Date: Mon, 5 Dec 2011 11:37:39 +0100

Hi,

I'm using emacs since years without problems, but in the two last
releases 23.2 and 23.3 I'm experiencing very strange emacs crashes. I
have a lot of stuff on (orgmode, jabber, ibuffer, icicles, etc. etc.).
I have already tried to disable some of these packages, with no
success.

Emacs crashes suddenly (but at least once a day). Sometimes I'm not
even doing anything in emacs and it crashes. But then other times it
runs for days (and lots of opened buffers) without any problem.

My question is: how can I find a way Emacs tells me at least the crash
reason? If I start emacs with gdb I don't see anything special, maybe
because I have to compile it with some options? (i'm using archlinux).

thx in advance.