Hierarchical iMenu problems (was: Re: C/C++ Mode Imenu Problem)

From: Jérôme M. Berger
Subject: Hierarchical iMenu problems (was: Re: C/C++ Mode Imenu Problem)
Date: Sun, 26 Feb 2012 18:11:56 +0100

Thomas D. Dean wrote:
> On 02/01/12 23:43, Thomas D. Dean wrote:
>> GNU Emacs 23.3.1 (amd64-portbld-freebsd9.0, GTK+ Version 2.24.6) of
>> 2012-01-07 on P9X79.tddhome
>>
>> Using CC Mode version 5.31.8
>>
>> In the C/C++ modes, if the number of items in the imenu is greater than
>> imenu-max-items, the displayed menu is grouped with items named
>>
>> from ...
>> from ...
>>
>> etc.
>>
>> In this case, selecting one of the items from the imenu popup does not
>> result in a change to current line. The display remains the same.
>
> In this case, pressing <return> rather than using mouse-1 changes the
> current line to the selected item and changes the display to that item.
>
> In the case where imenu-max-items is greater than the number of items in
> the menu, mouse-1 changes the current line to the selected item and
> changes the display to that item.
>
> How can I change this behavior to have mouse-1 select the item in imenu?

        The problem is not linked to C/C++ modes (I've seen it in Python
mode), nor to the number of items in the menu. The problem occurs
whenever the menu is hierachical (which may happen because there are
too many items, or because it was built that way e.g by semantic).

        I too would be interested in a solution. This is the last remaining
issue for me to drop XEmacs in favor of vanilla Emacs.

        Is there a bug tracker somewhere where the issue can be entered /
has already been entered?

        Thanks,
                Jerome
--