RE: Emacs: Problems of the Scratch Buffer

From: Ludwig, Mark
Subject: RE: Emacs: Problems of the Scratch Buffer
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2012 22:41:32 +0000

Right, and I appreciate learning some simple ways to make *scratch* more
useful, as well as finding the stray code in .emacs that was suppressing the
startup screen.

The original post was from someone who doesn't like *scratch* to be the first
thing he sees.  It seems clear that something in his customization is
suppressing the normal startup screen (including possibly something at the site
done by someone who likes seeing *scratch*...).

Cheers,
Mark