Re: Emacs: Problems of the Scratch Buffer

From: Chiron
Subject: Re: Emacs: Problems of the Scratch Buffer
Date: Sat, 21 Apr 2012 14:59:34 GMT

On Sat, 21 Apr 2012 17:07:46 +0300, Eli Zaretskii wrote:

<snip>

I believe you have misunderstood me.  I am not arguing in favor of any
changes.  You may be thinking I'm the one who's complaining about changes
not being made.  That wasn't me.

I am arguing for the right of the current maintainers to make or to not
make whatever changes they feel are appropriate; and I am saying that if
the maintainers don't choose to make certain changes, that does not
necessarily make them fossils, behind the times, stupid, or whatever.  It
may simply be that they don't think those changes are important.

Oh, and finally, I'm saying that if Group A wants changes, and Group B
doesn't, then I guess Group A is going to have to make the changes.

--
I can't understand it.  I can't even understand the people who can
understand it.