Re: Hide extraneous buffers?

From: Xah Lee
Subject: Re: Hide extraneous buffers?
Date: Fri, 18 May 2012 17:18:39 -0700 (PDT)

On May 18, 11:03 am, BDB <noem...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Is there any way to hide the *scratch*, Messages, Completions etc buffers?
> I kill them but they always come back, and it's a pain to have to cycle
> through 6 buffers when I only really have 3 meaningful ones open.

you want {next-user-buffer, previous-user-buffer}. They are in
ergoemacs keybinding package, with key 【Ctrl+PageDown】,【Ctrl+PageUp】.

package here
http://xahlee.org/emacs/ergonomic_emacs_keybinding.html

or just these functions, at
http://xahlee.org/emacs/elisp_examples.html

not best implemented. criticism welcome.

 Xah