Re: Emacs users a dying breed?

From: Andreas Röhler
Subject: Re: Emacs users a dying breed?
Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2012 14:03:29 +0200

Am 22.06.2012 13:17, schrieb Jeremiah Dodds:
Tom <adatgyujto@gmail.com> writes:

Jeremiah Dodds <jeremiah.dodds <at> gmail.com> writes:

I think it's more like "attracting more users is less of a priority than
appealing to what others are used to", there's plenty of improvement and
development of Emacs going on.

Yes, but if we take Google Trends as an indicator interest in Emacs
is decreasing:

http://www.google.com/trends/?q=emacs

Shouldn't it be a concern? Shouldn't those kinds of improvements
be given more priority which can increase the interest in Emacs?

No, why should Emacs and users and developers of Emacs be concerned with
increasing the interest in Emacs? [ ... ]

Because it might exists reasons for the decline, which are to discuss before
it's to late.
IMO it is late already...

Cheers,

Andreas