Re: Byte Compile Question

From: Xah Lee
Subject: Re: Byte Compile Question
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2012 05:52:48 -0700 (PDT)

byte-compile elisp buffer on save, only if a byte-compiled file
exists.

(defun byte-compile-current-buffer ()
  "`byte-compile' current buffer if it's emacs-lisp-mode and compiled
file exists."
  (interactive)
  (when (and (eq major-mode 'emacs-lisp-mode)
             (file-exists-p (byte-compile-dest-file buffer-file-
name)))
    (byte-compile-file buffer-file-name)))

(add-hook 'after-save-hook 'byte-compile-current-buffer)

code part from Adolfo Benedetti.

some other tips:

〈Organize Your “dot emacs” Init File in 5 Minutes〉
http://ergoemacs.org/emacs/organize_your_dot_emacs.html

btw, there's lots alternatives on emacswiki.

 Xah