Re: LaTeX/Emacs problem

From: Peter Dyballa
Subject: Re: LaTeX/Emacs problem
Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2013 11:09:24 +0100

Am 07.01.2013 um 07:15 schrieb Fred Krogh:

> I hope this is the last one. fmtutil-sys --all

"sudo fmtutil-sys --refresh" is the command I was thinking of…

The command fmtutil-sys is to be used with super-user privileges (for private
use the command fmtutil exists). Its option "--all" will only then lead to
actions when some file that is "included" by a FMT is newer than the FMT file.
This means that *not* all FMT files will be updated. Texmf.cnf is not
considered  as such a file.

If this leads to the same failures as before, you might consider launching GNU
Emacs with -Q, i.e. without customisation. Then load AUCTeX manually – from the
*scratch* buffer with its Emacs Lisp interpreter – and then load a faulty
(La)TeX file and compile it. If in this case all works as it should, then
something in your customisation could be faulty.

--
Greetings

  Pete

Government is actually the worst failure of civilized man. There has never been
a really good one, and even those that are most tolerable are arbitrary, cruel,
grasping and unintelligent.
                                – H. L. Mencken