Re: How can I configure Emacs to use XeLaTeX without AUCTeX

From: George Politis
Subject: Re: How can I configure Emacs to use XeLaTeX without AUCTeX
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2013 11:45:58 -0800 (PST)

Hi Damien,

thank you for trying to help me. I actually use AUCTeX, I'm sorry I didn't
mention that in my first post.

I have a couple of reasons why I don't want to use AUCTeX. First, it's not
available everywhere; Then, every time I wish to upgrade Emacs I have to go
through [this long page][1] to make sure I didn't mess up anything. Lastly, I
don't see the value added.

Since no one has been able to come up with an answer so far, I'm starting to
think that there is no such "simple" way, which is surprising.

[1] : http://www.gnu.org/software/auctex/download-for-windows.html