Re: 'n' doesn't work when using ediff -- an ediff beginners's quesstion

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: 'n' doesn't work when using ediff -- an ediff beginners's quesstion
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2013 21:11:39 -0500

> I'm running everything through a terminal emulator running ssh between
> two Debian Linux systems.  I get a text-mode XEmacs.

Do you really mean XEmacs, here?

>   No such coding system: emacs-internal

Maybe it's a bug in XEmacs's version of ediff or an incompatibility
between the version of ediff and the version of XEmacs: emacs-internal
is a coding-system introduced around Emacs-23.  I'm not sure whether
XEmacs has it as well.

Since this is an Emacs newsgroup, my recommendation would be to try and
use Emacs instead of XEmacs.  Otherwise, maybe the comp.emacs.xemacs
newsgroup will be able to help you better.

        Stefan