Re: highlight current source line during debugging

From: John Yates
Subject: Re: highlight current source line during debugging
Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2013 08:56:38 -0600

Hi Stephen,

Thanks for this suggestion.  To implement it seems to require that one
know the name of the elisp function which places the overlay arrow.  I
have been having a hard time figuring this out for gdb disassembly
buffers.

Performing cleanup based on an event in the buffer seems fragile.
Would it not be better to hook buffer destruction?

Finally, does this technique keep the line high lighted even when the
buffer is not selected?  In a normal debugging session it is the
buffer with the gdb prompt that is selected most of the time.

/john