c-mode comment indent alignment issue

From: Francis Belliveau
Subject: c-mode comment indent alignment issue
Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2013 20:01:01 -0400

I am having trouble figuring out how to control comment indentation and
alignment.  Consider the following sequence of comments:

/*****
 *
 *  @file foo.h
 *
 *****
 */
/*
 *  $Revision$
 *
 *****
 */
/*
 *****
 *
 *  Sample...
 *
 *****
 */

In c-mode when they are all in the region and I "indent-region", the first two
comments don't change, but the content of the last comment gets jammed against
the left edge.

If I put a " *" before the upper row of asterisks all is okay.

Can anybody tell me how I can take control of the comment indentation logic to
stop the indentation from being eliminated?

Fran