Apply faces to string output to mini-buffer

From: Miguel Guedes
Subject: Apply faces to string output to mini-buffer
Date: 23 May 2013 10:50:56 GMT

Hello List,

How can faces be applied to strings output to the minibuffer?

An elisp client I'm writing receives data asynchronously from a server
and I would very much like to apply faces to it. So the following string
should have the appropriate faces applied to type, variable and function
name, and so on:

boost::shared_ptr<const PrecompiledHeader> get(unsigned int index)

--
Miguel