Emacs + sql-postgres

From: Pascal c
Subject: Emacs + sql-postgres
Date: Wed, 29 May 2013 09:22:11 +0200

Dear Emacs users,

I'm using GNU Emacs 24.3.1 (i386-mingw-nt6.1.7601, windows 7) and I would
like to use it as SQL frontend. I have 2 kind of DB : MS SQL and postgresql.

With sql-ms every thing is fine. I got connected and I can execute SQL into
the buffer.
If I use sql-postgres, I got the prompt to entry my user, host and database.
Then I got the prompt from psql to entry my password. But this doesn't
work.
I got the following state :

Password for user  postgres:
psql: FATAL:  Passwort-Authentifizierung f³r Benutzer ╗ postgres½
fehlgeschlagen

Into my .emacs I have written the line :
(setq sql-postgres-program "C:\\cygwin\\bin\\psql.exe")

I have read that I have to use psql from cygwin because it has this
interactive mode.

Into a cmd.exe I can connect to the server with psql.exe -h localhost -U
postgres -W

If I run this command into Emacs (eshell or Zsh), I got the prompt to entry
the password but after validation with ENTER the cursor still bliking and I
don't get the sql prompt from postgres.

Other question, if I can connect to postgres with Emacs, how can I execute
an SQL request?.
With sql-ms I have to write somthing like :

select * from table;
go

then on 'go' I have to do Cc C-r to send the SQL request.

How it should work with postgresql ?

Thank you in advance !

Cheers,

Pascal