Re: Imagemagick-support on Windows

From: Klaus-Dieter Bauer
Subject: Re: Imagemagick-support on Windows
Date: Wed, 5 Jun 2013 17:07:43 +0200

Thanks for the reply! However, you are referring to a *different* kind of
image-magick support.

I am referring to the built-in image-magick support, such as scaling images
with the :width and :height parameters to the create-image function. On
Windows, these parameters are silently ignored. Therefore if I insert a
large image in org-mode I cannot resize it without changing the actual
file. Most of all however, it undermines the expected behaviour of modes
using in-buffer image previews.

When running emacs from cygwin, the images are correctly resized, but this
comes at the cost of many issues cygwin implies.

kind regards, Klaus