Re: OS/X emacs now defaults to variable width font

From: Tim Visher
Subject: Re: OS/X emacs now defaults to variable width font
Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2013 12:28:08 -0400

On Wed, Jun 12, 2013 at 11:29 AM, Bruce Korb <bruce.korb@gmail.com> wrote:
> I've googled and googled and googled and all I find are either things that are
> too complicated to figure out or else I wind up with fonts wherein 80 columns
> takes up half of my 21 inch screen.  Actually, some "proggy" thing worked
> mostly okay, except for the fact that 8 character tabs really only
> used 6 columns.
> So emacs knew which column I was in, but my eyeballs did not.  I just
> want some sane font like, say, courier but asking emacs for that is beyond
> my abilities.  It really ought not be this difficult.  Why not just a
> nice simple
> menu with the "quick brown fox" sample next to it and allowing me to set it
> as the default?  That would be really easy.....

I'm not able to give you much help but you might try sending a little
more information to the list. Especially emacs version. I've never had
Emacs default to a variable-width font on any system, but it could
also be something in your host OS's settings.

--

In Christ,

Timmy V.

http://blog.twonegatives.com/