Re: Ispell doesn't show all dictionaries

From: Peter Dyballa
Subject: Re: Ispell doesn't show all dictionaries
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2013 13:45:52 +0200

Am 26.06.2013 um 13:37 schrieb Maikol:

> Hello Pete,
>

>> What happens when you launch GNU Emacs with -q instead of -Q?
>> Do you see more or less dictionaries than with -Q?
>>

> No, unfortunately I don't :
>
> emacs -q
> M-x ispell-change-dictionary RET SPC
> american     default
> english     francais
>
> Best regards

So the conclusion is that your system's init file (by the name of site-init.el
or site-start.el) is blanking out the other Ispell dictionaries. Locate that
file, check its contents, correct, maybe remove that file!

Launching GNU Emacs with -q lets it load only the system init file.
Launching GNU Emacs with -Q lets it load no init file.

--
Greetings

  Pete

If the majority of cooking accidents happen in the kitchen, then why don't we
just cook in other rooms?