Re: opening new buffer in active buffer

From: Bernardo
Subject: Re: opening new buffer in active buffer
Date: Fri, 05 Jul 2013 09:22:31 +1000

if i have several buffers open in emacs in splitted windows and I hit Ctr-X Ctr-B to switch to another buffer, the list of buffers and, hence, the new buffer always opens in another buffer window than the one that is currently my window. Is there any way to change this so that I always stay in the same window?

not sure if i interpret this correctly but maybe adding this to your .emacs would help

(add-to-list 'same-window-buffer-names "*Buffer List*")