Re: Trouble binding Alt *by itself* to the execute-extended-command...(A

From: Pascal J. Bourguignon
Subject: Re: Trouble binding Alt *by itself* to the execute-extended-command...(Alt-x and ESC-x work fine.)
Date: Sun, 07 Jul 2013 14:51:18 +0200

Chris Seberino <cseberino@gmail.com> writes:

> Thank you all for your help. I finally got it.
> In Ubuntu 12.04.2 LTS with Emacs 23.3.1 I did the following:
>
> 1. Remap Alt keys to the menu key...
>
> xmodmap -e "keycode 64 = Menu"
> xmodmap -e "keycode 108 = Menu"

As I proposed in my first answer, it's obviously the Execute keysym that
should be used, to map to the execute-extended-command command.

You would bind Menu to tmm-menubar.

You know you've been lisping too long when you see a recent picture of George
Lucas and think "Wait, I thought John McCarthy was dead!" -- Dalek_Baldwin