Re: interactive interface to supply variables

From: Jambunathan K
Subject: Re: interactive interface to supply variables
Date: Sun, 15 Dec 2013 11:11:48 +0530

> Jambunathan K <kjambunathan@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> You can also use the "x" interactive spec and check
>> the expression that is input with symbolp.
>
> But then, you will not get autocompletion for variables
> (only), or a [No match] if there isn't such a variable,
> will you?

Add this to your .emacs.

   (find-function-setup-keys)

Then doing this will land you in the .el file.

   C-x F describe-variable

Look at how the interactive spec is defined.

It would have answered ALL or MOST of your questions.  It would have
also answered questions that you have not had yet.

When you are comfortable with Emacs Lisp, I don't see any reason why
should rely on help for others.  This is the reason I suggested that you
should checkout Emacs from bzr repo or install the .el files (if they
are not shipped by default in your distribution.)