gdb emacs no such file or directory gdb

From: Rob Kinsey
Subject: gdb emacs no such file or directory gdb
Date: Wed, 15 Jan 2014 20:38:04 -0800 (PST)

Hi guys,

Having a little trouble getting gdb to work inside emacs on OSX Mavericks. I
know it is installed, as it runs ok in the terminal, but if I try to debug a
program in emacs, I get the message:

Searching for program: No such file or directory, gdb

So far my research has led be to understand that although the native front end
is starting, emacs is not actually finding gdb itself. How can I link these two
programs together, I have also tried searching though the emacs preferences to
no avail.

Any help on this would be much appreciated.

Kind regards

Rob.