Re: gdb emacs no such file or directory gdb

From: Peter Dyballa
Subject: Re: gdb emacs no such file or directory gdb
Date: Thu, 16 Jan 2014 20:51:13 +0100

Am 16.01.2014 um 05:38 schrieb Rob Kinsey:

> So far my research has led be to understand that although the native front
> end is starting, emacs is not actually finding gdb itself. How can I link
> these two programs together, I have also tried searching though the emacs
> preferences to no avail.

Check the value of the variable exec-path! Check in Terminal the value of the
environment variable PATH! Then make the value of exec-path contain the same
directory elements!

There is also a way to launch GNU Emacs from the Terminal (has the correct
path) à la:

        open /Applications/Emacs.app

Then it will inherit $PATH's value and set exec-path accordingly. (Mac OS X
misses some understanding of setting paths on an UNIX system.)

--
Greetings

  Pete

Clovis' Consideration of an Atmospheric Anomaly:
        The perversity of nature is nowhere better demonstrated than by the
fact that, when exposed to the same atmosphere, bread becomes hard while
crackers become soft