Re: C-<digit> key bindings not working on console

From: Thorsten Jolitz
Subject: Re: C-<digit> key bindings not working on console
Date: Thu, 23 Jan 2014 17:35:31 +0100

> That's got nothing to do with Emacs: your text-terminal is the culprit.
> But don't worry: it's not just your text-terminal, it's all(?) known
> text-terminals.
>
> Of course, you can configure your text-terminal (e.g. Linux's console)
> to send a different escape sequence for those chars, and then tell Emacs
> to recognize those sequence.

I once investigated how to do that kind of thing, unfortunately I forgot
most of it by now and will have relearn it.

What is always a bit hard to understand is why e.g. C-M-v will work on
the console but C-M-V (i.e. C-M-S-v) won't.

One would be tempted to think that if Emacs knows how to deal with C-
and M- and S- as modifiers alone or in some combinations it should be
able to deal with them always.

--
cheers,
Thorsten