Re: DocView doesn't render PDFs

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: DocView doesn't render PDFs
Date: Sun, 26 Jan 2014 20:18:03 -0500

> Also, I just found out I can't see a jpeg image.

My guess is that you somehow compiled your Emacs without support for PNG
and JPEG (the former would explain why DocView doesn't work).
Normally, "./configure" would signal an error if it can't find the PNG
or JPEG libraries, tho, so you'd have had to either use a modified
configure script, or to explicitly pass things like --without-png.

        Stefan