Auctex and highlight own command

From: Igor Sosa Mayor
Subject: Auctex and highlight own command
Date: Mon, 27 Jan 2014 21:17:04 +0100

Hi,

I want to do something relatively easy, but I'm not able to find the
right solution.

I have defined a very simple command to insert some comments I want to
see in the final pdf:
\newcommand*{\com}[1]{\textcolor{blue}{NOTA: #1}}

Now I want auctex to highlight the content of the com-command. In
internet there is some solutions, for instance this one:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/11844936/emacs-auctex-custom-syntax-highlight

But even this example does not work for me (that is, if I use the same
command and the solutions there, I see no differences)...

I can imagine, I should do something like this:

(add-hook 'LaTeX-mode-hook
    (lambda ()
        (font-lock-add-keywords nil
            '(("\\(\\\\com\\)\\s-*{" 1 font-lock-warning-face t)))

But, as I said, this has no effect...

many thanks in advance!

--
:: Igor Sosa Mayor     :: joseleopoldo1792@gmail.com ::