Re: Different emacs arrangements in one session

From: Dan Espen
Subject: Re: Different emacs arrangements in one session
Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2014 23:50:38 -0500

Jai Dayal <dayalsoap@gmail.com> writes:

> Since you tried to be pedantic and not actually answer my question, explain
> this:

Still top posting?

> I have code on machine 1. I make a change, compile it, and then git commit
> it.
>
> On machine 2 and also on machine 3, I have to git pull, and then compile.
>
> Then I have to launch the codes that test it. Machine 1 runs something,
> machine 2 runs something, machine 3 runs something, etc.
>
> That's why I like having multiple terminals in my emacs session; in one
> frame I have all of my code buffers. In the other frame, I have all of my
> terminals (ssh'd into machine 2, machine 3 and one for machine 1). From
> there, I can launch the respective codes, git pull, and compile.
>
> You can't do that with M-x compile.
>
> So basically, you tried to be pedantic, and were *wrong* with your stupid
> suggestion.

I see.

Because you can't figure out how to run compiles and tests on remote
machines then it's impossible.
I wonder how I've been doing it all this time...

You know, I saw your post and I pictured all these windows and jumping
around and all that stuff, and I thought, gee, I don't have that
problem,  I think I might be able to help...

Good luck.

--
Dan Espen