Re: Different emacs arrangements in one session

From: Glyn Millington
Subject: Re: Different emacs arrangements in one session
Date: Sat, 01 Feb 2014 09:01:49 +0000

Jai Dayal <dayalsoap@gmail.com> writes:

> I don't know what "top posting" is.

Top-posting is replying at the top of your post, rather than down below,
that is below the material to which you are responding, which keeps the
post-then-response sequence intact and makes it easier to follow the
thread.

> Jumping around windows isn't bad at all since it can all be done via
> frames and keyboards.

Have a look here, where there are various packages which allow to switch
between named window configurations.  Whether they will work remotely,
and whether they preserve data across sessions I have no idea.

http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/WinRing

>> > So basically, you tried to be pedantic, and were *wrong* with your
>> > stupid suggestion.

Nobody here is paid to respond to you.  Many people here are certainly
more technically competent than I am and possibly even more so than you.
A little patience helps. As do clearer and more comprehensive explanations
of what you are seeking.

atb

Glyn