Re: closing emacsclient always focuses another emacs window

From: trygve . flathen
Subject: Re: closing emacsclient always focuses another emacs window
Date: Sat, 8 Mar 2014 11:06:05 -0800 (PST)

kl. 18:38:36 UTC+1 lørdag 8. mars 2014 skrev Eli Zaretskii følgende:
> So perhaps this is something related to your window manager?  That's
> assuming that you see the same behavior when you start "emacs -Q",
> then start the server there, and finally do what you describe above.
> If in "emacs -Q" the problem doesn't happen, then look in your
> ~/.emacs for the culprit.  If, OTOH, "emacs -Q" exhibits the same
> behavior, perhaps sharing your window manager and its customizations
> will reveal the reason(s) for the behavior you observe.

I get the same problematic behaviour when I start emacs with -Q.

I am using Cinnamon (GTK-based) WM (Default WM in Mint16), no particular
customizations that I am aware of.

I have previously mostly used various rhel/fedora linux and xemacs.
Since this system (Mint16, gnu emacs) is new to me, I don't know if the problem
is with emacs of the WM.

However, I do not see this kind of behaviour with other programs (e.g.
firefox), which makes me think it is at least partly to do with
emacs/emacsclient.

-Trygve