Re: SSH URL

From: Michael Albinus
Subject: Re: SSH URL
Date: Tue, 01 Apr 2014 14:57:35 +0200

> Agreed.  My suggestion was only to change url-handlers.el (and probably
> add a url-ssh.el), not to change Tramp.

I've added url-tramp.el to the trunk, plus changes in
url-handlers.el. Works pretty well for simple cases, but needs more
massage for primitives returning complex objects, like
(directory-files "scp:///tmp" 'full)

I'll continue to work on it. Maybe it will be possible to enhance the
tests in tramp-tests.el for this url-like syntax, this would help to
finish the work.

>         Stefan

Best regards, Michael.

PS: Starting tomorrow morning, I'll be on the road. Don't expect me to
react before weekend.