Re: I'm looking for a project management system for Emacs

From: Robert Thorpe
Subject: Re: I'm looking for a project management system for Emacs
Date: Thu, 03 Apr 2014 02:38:23 +0100

Marcin Borkowski <mbork@wmi.amu.edu.pl> writes:

> A toolbox of features to combine into a tailor-made solution is fine
> for me.  Especially that my requirements might not be exactly common
> (especially the scattering of the "project" files around many
> directories).

You could write some simple functions like this:

(defun project1 ()
  (interactive)
  (find-file "project1/*" t)
  (find-file "elsewhere/randomfile.txt")
  (find-file "..."))

(defun project2 ()
  (interactive)
  (find-file "project2/*" t)
  (find-file "project1/foo.txt"))

find-file can be used with wildcards, even in lisp programs.

BR,
Robert Thorpe