Re: ispell/hunspell/Windows: a fully-worked example

From: AW
Subject: Re: ispell/hunspell/Windows: a fully-worked example
Date: Fri, 04 Apr 2014 12:29:12 +0200

Am Freitag, 4. April 2014, 00:41:50 schrieb djc:
> I may have omitted a small step.  The dictionary alist contains arguments to
> specify personal word files for the three languages:
>
>     D:\hunspell\share\hunspell\personal.en
>     D:\hunspell\share\hunspell\personal.de
>     D:\hunspell\share\hunspell\personal.fr
>
> It may be necessary to create those files, empty if you wish, before using
> them; that's safest, in any case.  You can choose any names for them.

Thank you very much for you help, I used your description, but without
success! (Win 7, Emacs 24.3)

However, I downloaded hunspell as source code and compiled it with a recent
installation of cygwin, so one does not depend upon binaries. I followed the
instructions given.

The personal dicitionary has been created.  Hunspell works, I can ask on the
commandline for the dictionaries (hunspell.exe -D spills out the path and the
files).

When I start flyspell (M-x flyspell-mode), Emacs sends the message:
»Starting new Ispell process [C:/Program files (x86)/GNU Emacs
24.1/aspell/bin/aspell.exe::default] ...«

This is really strange, because  the path to emacs ist C:/Program files
(x86)/GNU Emacs 24.3 and not 24.1. I run out of ideas where to look for this
strange hint to 24.1. There is nothing in my .emacs, nothing in neither path-
variable. If somebody has an idea where I should look, I'd be really glad to
know. Dam' Windows...

And in the list of processes of Win 7 I find "aspell.exe *32", instead of
hunspell.exe.

Regards,

Alexander