Re: ispell/hunspell/Windows: a fully-worked example

From: Robert Thorpe
Subject: Re: ispell/hunspell/Windows: a fully-worked example
Date: Fri, 04 Apr 2014 22:56:37 +0100

AW <alexander.willand@t-online.de> writes:

> [SOLVED]
> I took the opportunity and cleaned out my site-lisp directory. Whatever it
> was, some relict *.el, it's gone now and I'll test hunspell.
>
> Thanks to everybody who read this thread and thought about it!

I know you've solved it now, but I think it's worth mentioning another
complication.

On MS Windows the icon link files contain a path to an executable and
another path, the current directory to run that executable in.  Let's
say you install a new version of Emacs.  Instead of installing the new
menus and links with "addpm.exe" you just change the executable path in
the icon link file on your desktop.  In that case the new version of
Emacs is starting in the current directory of the old version.  That can
make Emacs confused if it searches for things in the current directory.

If this happens starting emacs from a command window will behave
differently to clicking the icon.

BR,
Robert Thorpe