Re: print buffer with word wrap

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: print buffer with word wrap
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2014 02:21:05 +0200

Steven Arntson <steven@stevenarntson.com> writes:

> I've looked around a little and have seen some people
> recommending enscript, but it seems complicated for
> me, and I really don't need anything beyond basic
> margins and word wrap.

There are many ways to do that. Manually, place the
cursor (or "point") somewhere in a too-long line, and
press M-q (for `fill-paragraph'). If you like it,
consider enabling `auto-fill-mode' - that way, Emacs
will fill for you, when you type.

You can setup line width with the variable
`fill-column' - for example like this, in ~/.emacs

(setq fill-column 55)

--
underground experts united:
http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573