Re: RTF for emacs

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: RTF for emacs
Date: Fri, 30 May 2014 00:55:22 +0200

Hans BKK <hansbkk@gmail.com> writes:

> Re the OP's quest for WYSIWYG in emacs, that really
> seems to go against the fundamental philosophy of
> emacs

Didn't the OP say he didn't care about batch/markup
vs. WYSIWYG? (A bit strange not to care about that, but
that's what he said.)

Come to think of it, the Emacs font locks are sort of a
bridge - if I write this in LaTeX (in latex-mode)

\subsection{the top-most, global scheduler}

In the program, there is a single scheduler at the
highest level: the top of the hierarchy. This scheduler
is called the {\em global scheduler}.

the header turns yellow, and the emphasized term turns
light green.

Without font lock it would be so uninspiring and boring
(and less efficient) to write just about anything, but
aside from that it can be used to make markup resemble
the compiled result just a bit.

--
underground experts united:
http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573