Re: latex fontification [more]

From: Michael Heerdegen
Subject: Re: latex fontification [more]
Date: Fri, 04 Jul 2014 00:19:23 +0200

> > Bonjour,

Hi!

I have no experience with this, I just had a quick look at the code.

> > I would like to have a syntax colorisation for some TeX commands using
> > Auctex.
> >
> > I found on the Internet this way: add to .emacs file:
> >
> > (setq font-latex-match-reference-keywords
> >   '(
> >     ("footnotea" "[{")
> >     ("footnoteb" "[{")
> >     ("footnotec" "[{")
> >     ("edtext"    "[{")
> >     ("Afootnote" "[{")
> >     ("Bfootnote" "[{")
> >     ("Cfootnote" "[{")
> >     ("lemma"     "[{")))
> >
> > And the commands \footnotes, \footnoteb etc will be highlighted...
> >
> > This doesn't work for me.... Did I miss something?
>
> I have to add this: it works for some buffer and not for some other!

I guess this is because the variable is buffer local.  Use
`setq-default` instead of `setq` to set the global binding.

> File mode specification error: (void-function make-local-hook)
>
> But for some file I have this in the lower bar:
>
> (Latex/P Bcite Arev Fill)
>
> And in some other:
>
> (Fundamental Bcite Arev Fill)
>
> Why?
>

> Moreover, I found on the web that make-local-hook is now deprecated and
> has disappeared from Emacs 24, but I am running Emacs 24.3.1

I think it's a bug - in `bib-cite-minor-mode`.  There was obviously
code added for xemacs (which still has `make-local-hook`), but it is
used unconditionally for all Emacsen - thus the error.

To prevent this, avoid turning on bib-cite-minor-mode.  Having
fundamental mode in one buffer (as you saw it) is probably a side effect
of this error.

BTW, please make a bug report if this problem hasn't been reported or
fixed yet.

HTH,

Michael.