Re: advice on hash tables?

From: Eric Abrahamsen
Subject: Re: advice on hash tables?
Date: Sat, 05 Jul 2014 10:17:11 -0700

>>> If the mapping from traditional characters to simplified characters
>    ^^
>    Is
>>> a function?
>
>> Is there a traditional-to-simplified reduction function?
>
> No, I meant "it it", not "is there".  "Function" was meant in the
> set-theory sense.  IOW, the question is whether a given traditional
> character always maps to the same simplified character.

I'd need to do a bit of research, but as I recall all traditional
characters are only simplified one way, yes. Sometimes multiple
traditional characters will turn into the same simplified one, but I
don't think one character can be simplified multiple ways.

> If it is, then you can write the mapping function.  Such a function would
> most naturally be implemented in Elisp as a char-table, which you can
> auto-generate from your input data.

Okay, so I'd first "downcase" the string to simplified characters, then
do the lookup. That could be doable...

Thanks!
Eric