Re: if and only if an Error message

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: if and only if an Error message
Date: Sun, 20 Jul 2014 23:38:51 +0200

>> But put it this way: how do I find out a variable
>> isn't a user option?
>
> Yes, C-h v.  User options are these variables that
> can be "customized".

:)

That was a subtle way of communicating that! OK, I take
back my complaints about the docstring...

> Maybe also call `discard-input' as
> `command-error-default-function' does.

Well, yes, I removed that part from your suggestion
(not `discard-input' but the whole part with
`command-error-default-function') because I don't have
that, neither as a function or a variable. Do you have
it? What is it?

> And (message "%s" error-str).
>              ^^^^

Isn't it already a string from this?

(let*((error-str (format "%S in %S" data fun))

--
underground experts united