Re: How to copy and paste from unity to emacs in the terminal version ?

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: How to copy and paste from unity to emacs in the terminal version ?
Date: Sun, 17 Aug 2014 04:34:40 +0200

Quanyang Liu <lqymgt@gmail.com> writes:

>> So the best answer is actually: Don't do it!
>> Instead, use an Emacs based browser, for example w3m
>> - hit the repositories for 'w3m-el-snapshot'.
>
> I don't think a text-base browser can always satisfy
> requirements...

There is only one case where w3m fails me, and that is
http://www.sj.se, to se when the trains come and go.
Everything else I can do with text-only. I think it is
JavaScript that is lacking, a technology I don't
respect anyway. (Other people may have other needs, of
course.)

Even accursed YouTube I don't have to use that way.
First w3m to get the URL, then youtube-dl to get the
movie file. Browser GUI, YouTube GUI, dependence on the
Internet, all bypassed.

But, I think nowadays there actually are Emacs browsers
that can show pictures. (If anyone passes the sj.se
test, I'd give it a try.)

> By the way, since he uses firefox, why not directly
> use Emacs for GUI.

One more time?

--
underground experts united