Re: emacs stackexchange beta site

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: emacs stackexchange beta site
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2014 00:44:19 +0200

Udyant Wig <udyantw@gmail.com> writes:

> Now that I think about it, both smartphones and TVs
> invite consumption only.

Absolutely. But unlike TV (at least old-school TV with
fixed programming), the smartphone is undoubtedly a
small computer and can thus be used for specific
purposes and problems. Only what I can see, it is
seldom used that way, but rather as a general
time-passer with no specific purpose whatsoever (and if
that's what you do, that's what you get).

By the way, even TV isn't that stupid, always. I know
that BBC dropped the teletext service Ceefax (see
facts) - the first teletext in the world - which would
have been 40 years old today. Even CNN dropped theirs,
but Swedish SVT (which always modelled itself after
BBC) still offers Text-TV [1]. SVT was the second
broadcaster in the world to provide teletext, so that
should make Text-TV the oldest one still operating.

[1] http://www.svt.se/svttext/tv/pages/100.html

--
underground experts united