no C-h i m emacs ??

From: Harry Putnam
Subject: no C-h i m emacs ??
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2014 13:29:46 -0500

With emacs24-lucid installed, I can find no info files for emacs-24

/usr/share/info   IXNEY for emacs

/usr/local/share/ IXNEY for info

So with all this installed:

aps emacs|grep ^i
i   emacs-goodies-el        - Miscellaneous add-ons for Emacs
i A emacs24-bin-common      - GNU Emacs editor's shared, architecture de
i A emacs24-common          - GNU Emacs editor's shared, architecture in
i   emacs24-el              - GNU Emacs LISP (.el) files
i   emacs24-lucid           - GNU Emacs editor (with Lucid GUI support)
i A emacsen-common          - Common facilities for all emacsen

I still have no emacs-info files.

Checking them all with dpkg -L shows no main info/emacs installed.

/usr/share/info/dir has no entry for emacs other than:

* Emacs FAQ: (emacs-24/efaq).   Frequently Asked Questions about Emacs.
* Emacs-Goodies-el: (emacs-goodies-el).
* Emacs FAQ: (emacs-24/efaq).   Frequently Asked Questions about Emacs.
* Emacs-w3m: (emacs-w3m).       An Emacs interface to w3m
* Emacs-w3m-ja: (emacs-w3m-ja). An Emacs interface to w3m (Japanese)

So apparently I'm missing something here.