manual activism (was: Re: no C-h i m emacs ??)

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: manual activism (was: Re: no C-h i m emacs ??)
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2014 03:49:20 +0100

Bob Proulx <bob@proulx.com> writes:

> It is sad that two of the most freedom promoting
> organizations are at opposite ends of this
> documentation issue. Both are principled. But with
> slightly different principles. Unfortunately users
> are caught in the middle between them. Sigh.

Sad indeed. To me it looks like two parties are so
principled they put down their principles in extensive
writing, and those got too complicated, and eventually
tangled up. So now they are - at least here -
contra-productive.

Anyway, I have some book-creating skills, both groff
and LaTeX and the physical side to it. So, can I print
the Emacs or Gnus manual, make a book of it, and then
take it to the libraries of my city and insist they
put it somewhere so people can borrow it?

Would that be legal?

If it isn't, I don't care for such a stupid law, but
the libraries would not accept "illegal" books.

--
underground experts united