Re: Gnus pop3 ssl problem

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: Gnus pop3 ssl problem
Date: Fri, 28 Nov 2014 03:46:42 +0100

Alex Safonov <me@asafonov.org> writes:

> I've got an issue with emacs 24.4 and gnus tryin to
> connect to my Gmail via POP3
>
> My .gnus file for pop3 account looks like this:
>
> (setq mail-sources '((pop :server "pop.gmail.com"
> :port 995 :user "me@asafonov.org" :password "******"
> :stream ssl)))
>
> When gnus is trying to connect it uses gnutls. And
> I'm getting an error
>
> Mail source (pop :server pop.gmail.com :port 995
> :user me@asafonov.org:password ******** :stream ssl)
> error (USER me@asafonov.org not valid). Continue?
> (yes or no)
>
> I am sure my login and password are correct, I can
> execute gnutls manually

The only thing I have on gnutls is:

    (setq gnutls-min-prime-bits 1024)

You can also try to set it to 256.

Otherwise if you can do it manually, but not
automatically with Gnus, you have to analyze what the
difference is between the two methods.

I never used gnutls-cli but this

    --insecure

sure sticks out compared to

    :stream ssl

If none of this shaman stuff helps you, post on
gnu.emacs.gnus as well to get in touch with a real
physician :)

--
underground experts united