View log files with emacs

From: Eike
Subject: View log files with emacs
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2015 16:37:43 +0100

Hello all,

I have to look at some log files more often now and was wondering if
there are some handy things for emacs in that regard? I'm aware of
log4j-mode, but couldn't find more. It's for java (logback and log4j)
log files so I'd like to do fold stacktraces etc and also remove certain
parts I'm not interested in to make the file smaller (we seem to log
more useless than useful stuff…).

Thanks for any hints and tips
Regards,
Eike

--
gpg: AD7AC35E
finger print: 137F BB0B 1639 D25F DC5D  E59C B412 C5F5 AD7A C35E