GNUs open PDF attachments: how to switch to PDF-Tools?

From: Tory S. Anderson
Subject: GNUs open PDF attachments: how to switch to PDF-Tools?
Date: Sun, 22 Feb 2015 20:27:53 -0500

When I receive an email (using Gnus) with a PDF attachment, attempting to open
it uses DocView despite my having PDF-Tools installed and working for all PDF
opening I otherwise do. But search as I might, I can't find the variable or
commmand that would allow me to change the program/function that is used for
the PDF attachment. How can I change this setting to specify PDF-Tools for
opening attached PDFs?